When you want to choose a lifestyle, if you do not consider your current health, you will be in for big trouble. A healthy lifestyle can in many cases prevent or atleast delay diabetes and a number of other conditions. Infact, a person should start making healthy choices earlier on in life. They need to control their portions as well as read labels on foods. They should include more whole grains in their diet, decrease their sugars and sugar content from added sugars. People should include more fish in the diet and decrease fatty meats. Chicken and turkey should be included while sodium reduced. Lean beef can be taken but less than 300mg a day. They should include lots of vegetables and fruits especially the deep colored ones and decrease hydrogenated or trans fats. Vegetable oils should be included while saturated fats should be cut out. Alcohol should be limited whereas dairy products and unsalted legumes, nuts and seeds should be added.
Physical activity needs to be done atleast 30 minutes daily. However, based on the present physical condition of the person, this activity needs to be regulated and changed. A prescreening needs to be done before exercise can be undertaken. The prescreening identifies medical conditions and there should be a safety net for these people created where the risks of exercising needs to be carefully considered when compared with the benefits.
The style of physical activity too needs to be ascertained. Some people prefer to exercise alone, while others only exercise if they have a training buddy. Yet others only exercise when they play group sports. Some people may prefer to change these styles as per the group, the mood and the person they are with. Or else they can allocate certain days for group while other days for individual exercise.
Based on the reason for the activities, there are different results which can be got. If one wants to lose weight, they should walk or run or cycle or even lift weights – as that helps in burning kilo joules.It is necessary however to modify the lifestyle based on the physical fitness levels and medical conditions. Some may need to modify their plan to only exercise indoors while others may need to keep their budget in mind or else some may need to consider the demands physically – which they may not be up to.Read More
Modern life has brought a lot of technology, innovations, inventions, automations, globalization and computerization of various facets of our lives. However, along with all this has come a host of health issues which have risen in modern times. These issues are :
- Computer Vision Syndrome : Which is caused by people staring at the computer screen all day. This results in redness of the eyes, dry eyes, double or blurred vision, headaches, difficulty in focusing and distinguishing as well as sensitivity to light.
- Hearing loss : Due to headphones especially the earbud kind, people spend more time on their portable players and they expose themselves to loud noises for an extended period of time.
- E-thrombosis is caused by people who lead sedentary lives and therefore they develop clots in their veins.
- General anxiety disorder is manifested in unrealistic concern or uneasiness. These symptoms also include fatigue, restlessness, impatience, irritability, upset stomachs, shortness of breath and difficulty in concentrating.
- OrthorexiaNervosa : People suffering from this are obsessed about eating food which is healthy. They as a result get thin and are underweight. They are critical of those who do not follow similar diets like themselves.
- Sick Building Syndrome : Due to the amount of air being recycled continuously by the HVAC systems, the occupants suffer from this syndrome. This consists of dry and itchy skin, throat irritation, dizziness, nausea and fatigue.
- Social anxiety disorder is caused by the fear that you are being continuously watched and judged. This can be manifested in various forms including an upset stomach, heart palpitations, confusion, trembling and more.
- Modern life has seen a spurt in heart disease, high blood pressure and similar conditions which are caused usually due to stress as well as obesity and smoking.
- Asthma is caused due to pollution in the air, smoking as well as stress too.
- Obesity is caused due to the amount of unhealthy food being consumed. Fast food is the new buzzword for food and this causes the fat to get deposited in the body and the abdomen in specific. Another reason for obesity is due to the increase in sugar and sugar content including sodas.
- Gastrointestinal problems, anxiety as well as depression are also the byproduct of stress and anxiety faced due to the pressures which the modern world puts on people.